background

Monday, May 2, 2011

Trust

I didn't understand why God let me go to the hospital yesterday.  I am getting over depression, and OCD, I really didn't need my asthma acting up as well.  I kept this bit of angst to myself, angry at God.  I asked for help, not another hospital trip.  I think silently.  This isn't fair.  Then I was asking my mom what book of the Bible I should read next.  Her and I agreed on Matthew so I began reading it.  I really got into the sidebars that guide you through the Bible.  I read Matthew,  and I learned so much about Jesus' story.  I know, and believe in, the basic story.  That the Holy Spirit concieved Jesus in the Virgin Mary.  Mary and Joseph went to Bethlehem where Jesus was born in a manger and that the three wise men came to see Jesus by following the star above Jesus' manger.  However, I found out so much more about the trust that Joseph had in God.  God sent an Angel to tell Joseph that the baby in Mary was concieved by the power of the holy Spirit and they were to name Him Jesus.  Joseph didn't say:"No, that was just a dream,"  or, "I don't know, maybe Mary was unfaithful."  No, Joseph listened to God.  Joseph trusted Mary, respected her, cared for, stayed with her.  If I hadn't gone to the hospital and sat down and really read my Bible, then I would have not learned that God does not fail us, He is wholly trustworthy and loving.  Just like Joseph trusted God, that Mary had stayed faithful and that the Holy Spirit concieved Jesus in Mary, I need to trust God that he won't ever leave me nor forsake me, and so I can trust His promise that whoever believes in His son, Jesus, then I will be saved.  

2 comments:

  1. How old are you Melanie??? Wow!! Amazing! I can not even imagine what God has planned for you to do. Like Mary, He is going to pour the Holy Spirit in and thru you to make a lasting mark for His eternal glory. Love ya, Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Cija!!! I love you too! I am standing now and I love you! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete